Hercules Hydraulics Aluminium Lightweight, Heavy Duty Bow Thrusters are designed for Workboats and Continuous duty.
Designed around Class Rules these Bow Thrusters are fully encapsulated and feature a tunnel constructed from Class Approved extruded 5083 grade aluminium, composite E-glass or mild steel. The tunnel may be cut to any length.
The high strength, lightweight construction is, on average, 50% lighter than competitor bronze manufactured units of the same size.
With long life and simple maintenance in mind, Hercules Bow Thrusters feature a stainless steel shaft, spiral bevel gears, and a standard SAE flanged interface for a hydraulic motors. This enables the installers to integrate the Thruster into existing hydraulic systems.
The complete units are manufactured by the Company at their premises in Devon and may be powered by a hydraulic system also designed, supplied and installed by Hercules Hydraulics.
- Designed for workboats and continuous duty
- Designed for Manoeuvring or Positioning
- Designed in accordance with Class Rules for transverse thrusters
- 3 tunnel types – Extruded 5083 Aluminium Alloy, Composite E-glass, Mild Steel
- The extruded 5083 Aluminium Alloy tube is provided with full Class Approved 3.2 Material Certification
- Tunnel length can be cut to any length to suit the installation
- Designed for continuous heavy duty use
- Internal spiral bevel gear for high efficiency
- Bent axis, high efficiency, high pressure hydraulic motors
- Cast Aluminium Alloy Grade LM6 drive pod, with oil lubrication
- Encapsulated Pod, Tunnel and tube design makes it failsafe and leak free
- Aluminium Alloy propeller
- Inbuilt replaceable anodes
- Stainless steel drive shaft, with oil lubricated bearing assembly, via 8 litre oil tank Mounted above the water line.
Download a specification sheet on the range of Hercules Hydraulics Aluminium Lightweight, Heavy Duty Bow Thrusters - Click here